You are tired. Your life is hard. You have personal problems.
You are not alone.
Everyone has one or more issues in life.
This doesn’t mean that you are allowed to bring this baggage with you at work.
There is a savoir-faire and a code of behavior, no matter where you work, or what you do in life.
I have been in the Corporate sector since 1978, and have slowly but steadily created my own “Ten Commandments”. If you follow these rules, you can only succeed.
Try them out. What do you have to lose?
1. ALWAYS come to work early and with a smile on your face.
2. ALWAYS give 110%. Don’t wait for others to tell you what to do. Be proactive.
3. SHOW your superiors that you are interested. Genuinely interested.
4. DO yourself a favor and learn Time Management. It’s a priceless tool to organize your daily tasks, and workflow.
5. NEVER make personal announcements in front of all your colleagues. Personal information might make others uncomfortable and is usually inappropriate, unless you announce that you are getting married… You get the point.
6. WORK. Don’t waste your employer’s and your time by getting up and moving around your company every 10 minutes.
7. NEVER say you completed a task unless you actually did.
8. RESPECT your job, RESPECT yourself. Show some passion and enthusiasm.
9. Always help where help is needed. As your company needs you for the work you were employed to do, so do you. Without your employer you would have no work and so no income.
10. EARN RESPECT. NEVER DEMAND IT.